Jordan Hollow – Hannigan’s Tourist Camp
In 1789 a Land Board, consisting of gentlemen of the district, was appointed by the Crown. They secured a surveyor, Augustus Jones, to draw a map of the various townships, then proceeded to examine the loyalty and character of persons claiming a settlement and after taking an oath of allegiance the supplicants received a “Location Ticket,” specifying the quantity of land they and their families were entitled to receive. Under the direction of Gov. John Graves Simcoe, the first Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada, the counties and townships were named after some English or Scottish county, thus the names Lincoln County and Clinton and Louth Townships.