Campden Public School

Campden, originally called Moyers’ Corners, was a small village which catered to the farmers above the escarpment where many Mennonite families, many named Moyer settled after 1800.  It was a bustling village in 1812 beginning with a tailor shop, but the railway passed through Clinton Township below the Escarpment.  In 1862 it became known as Campden with its own Post Office.