Who we are and what we do
The Friends of Lincoln’s History, formerly the Lincoln History Club (est. 1981), was established in 2010 in association with the Ontario Historical Society as a not-for-profit and registered charitable organization. The Lincoln Archives [“Archives”] is the beating heart of FLH. We collect and preserve the paper history of our community. We accept donations including diaries, land documents, newspapers, photographs, school histories, church histories, family histories, business ledgers, and a host of other items reflecting the history of the Town of Lincoln. We currently have over 275 donors and have averaged 45+ donations of various sizes from 2 to 1200 items every year since opening.
We are self-, donor-, and grant-funded, and our Archives is totally staffed by volunteers who accession, digitize the details, and safely store donated historical items and collections. In addition, we take every opportunity to promote local history, which has included Heritage House Tours, Cemetery Tours, Walking Tours, and placing plaques at the sites of historical businesses and locations.
We regularly welcome those researching family genealogy, history of properties and local history, including groups such as the Lincoln Rotary Lamplighter Tour, Town of Lincoln staff, Heritage Committee members and planners and Museum staff.